The following individuals were arrested on felony or driving under the influence (DUI) charges by the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO), the Clewiston City Police Department (CPD), the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the Department of Corrections (DOC) during the period from May 9 to May 15.
• Valente Serrano Martinez, 19, of Clewiston, was arrested May 9 by Deputy Barrientos and charged with aggravated battery, and battery-touch or strike.
• Jesse Lawrence, 38, ofLaBelle, was arrested May 9 by Deputy Earl and charged with burglary, criminal mischief, false ID given to a law enforcement officer (LEO) and assault.
• Sergio Gomez, 27, of LaBelle, was arrested May 10 by Sgt. Scelfo and charged with DUI.
• Thomas Cherry, 37, of Fort Myers, was arrested May 10 by Deputy Earl and charged with extortion, battery and assault.
• Clem GlosterJr., 33, of Clewiston, was arrested May 11 by Sgt. Scelfo and charged with flee and elude LEO while lights and sirens activated and resisting LEO without violence.
• Moses Jumper, III, 40, of Hollywood, Fla., was arrested May 11 by Deputy Bustamante and charged with two counts of probation violation.
• Raul Garcia Torres, 54 of LaBelle, was arrested on May 13, by Sgt. Scelfo and charged with driving with license suspended third violation.
• Jose Rivera, 39 , of Clewiston, was arrested May 14 by Sgt. Scelfo and charged with probation violation.
• Marco Colon, 36, of Clewiston, was arrested May 15 by Cpl. Drew and charged with resisting LEO with violence, battery, probation violation, out-of-county warrant and failure to appear.
• Carlos Bermudez, Jr., 42, of Immokalee, was arrested May 15 by Deputy Afonso and charged with trafficking in cocaine, trafficking in heroin, trafficking in fentanyl, trafficking in oxycodone, trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of a weapon by convicted felon, use display weapon during felony and carry concealed weapon.
• Jerrylee Balkcon, 36, of West Palm Beach, was arrested May 15 by Deputy Afonso and charged with possession of methamphetamine.
This information was provided by the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office. This column lists arrests and not convictions, unless otherwise stated. Anyone listed here who is later found not guilty or has had the charges against them dropped is welcome to inform this newspaper. The information will be confirmed and printed.