TAMPA — Florida gas prices fell again last week and are poised to set a new 2023 low. The state average dropped 10 cents per gallon, last week. On Sunday, Oct. 22, the gas price average was $3.23 per gallon. That’s the lowest daily average price since early March, and only 1-cent more than this year’s lowest daily average price of $3.22 per gallon (recorded on March 6th).
The state average has mostly declined for the past 34 days. During that time, the state average declined a total of 46 cents per gallon.
“Gas prices are still following the downward momentum created by the seasonal downturn in fuel demand, coupled with stronger gasoline supplies and the switch to cheaper winter blend gasoline,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. “However, the continued streak of declines is threatened by a second week of rising oil and gasoline futures prices.”
The U.S. price of oil logged a small 1% gain last week, amid ongoing concerns about the conflict between Israel and Hamas. In total, U.S. oil has risen 7% ($6 per barrel) over the past two weeks. Gasoline futures also rose 11 cents per gallon last week, for a total increase of nearly 20 cents in two weeks.
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.45), Naples ($3.40), Tallahassee ($3.39)
• Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($3.12), Orlando ($3.12), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($3.13)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
AAA Resources for Drivers
• Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
• Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
• Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
• Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA’s Gas Cost Calculator.
AAA Gas Price Averages
Click here to view current gasoline price averages