LABELLE On Dec. 29, The Department of Health in Hendry and Glades Counties received a limited quantity of vaccines and will start accepting calls to make appointments for seniors 65 years and older.
Please visit: www.preparehendry.com for the consent form that must be filled out and brought to the health department to check-in for the appointment.
Although the distribution dates and times will change in coming weeks, the immediate plan is to offer vaccinations beginning on Monday, Jan. 4 (by appointment only) at the health departments in Hendry and Glades Counties.
Additional dates and times will be announced when more vaccines and vaccinators become available.
The Health Departments will be following the Governor’s Executive Order 20-315.
COVID-19 vaccine shall only be given to the following populations (must have proper ID):
• Long-term care facility residents and staff;
• Persons 65 years of age and older; and,
• Health care personnel with direct patient contact.
Vaccinations by appointment will be available at the following locations:
• Hendry County Health Department, 1140 Pratt Blvd. LaBelle, 863-674-4041, on Thursday, Jan. 7 – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 4:00 p.m.
• Glades County Health Department, 1021 Healthpark Drive, Moore Haven, 863-946-0707. on Thursday, Jan. 7 – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 4:00 p.m.