FORT MYERS — The Florida SouthWestern State College (FSW) Corporate Training and Community Education department is offering free Hazmat Train-the-Trainer courses.
Training of hazardous materials employees is critical to the success of the Hazmat system. An effective training program is crucial for Hazmat employees to ensure they use and implement the highest level of safety in the industry.
FSW has partnered with industry experts, Hazmat Safety Consultants, LLC, and the Dangerous Goods Trainers Association to develop an online Train-the-Trainer course that blends industry knowledge and adult-learning philosophies to prepare the student to become a Hazmat Trainer. This professional development course will provide guidance and help prepare companies to plan, develop and deliver hazardous materials transport training to their employees.
The courses will run Nov. 5 – Dec. 10; Dec. 17, 2023 – Jan. 14; Jan. 21 – Feb. 26; March 10 – April 8; and April 21 – May 20. They will cover the following topics:
• Hazmat General Awareness & Global Systems
• How to perform a Hazmat Needs Assessment for your company
To register for Hazmat Train-the-Trainer courses, visit https://fsw.catalog.instructure.com/?query=Hazmat.
A monthly, virtual Hazardous Materials Seminar Series will also be held beginning Tuesday, Oct. 17 on Zoom. These seminars will feature topics by Hazmat Safety Consulting, LLC experts.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17, 1 p.m. - Navigating Vessel Transport Challenges: Insights and Current Events with Mike Roldan, senior associate consultant, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BDnkdUMKTsyIiJhXXWUwfw
• Tuesday, Nov. 14, 1 p.m. - Charging Ahead: The Future of Lithium Battery Transport with Bob Richard, president, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ami7TZsOSsaWaEVo69sJDQ
• Tuesday, Dec. 12, 1 p.m. - Cracking the Code: Unpacking Limited Quantity Exceptions with Mike Pagel, senior consultant, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_m4QmciiyTx6taruFFwrA8g
• Wednesday, Jan. 10, 1 p.m. - Mastering Materials of Trade Exceptions: Practical Applications with Mike Pagel, senior consultant, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FFOZtg14QIOuF3Alncrezg
Tuesday, Feb. 6, 1 p.m. - Unlocking Special Permits and Approvals: Demystifying the Differences with Ryan Paquet, vice president, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_kzGQWF2fSVSTPdi38OB5XQ
• Tuesday, March 5, 1 p.m. - Aerosols on the Move: Shipping Under Pressure with Mike Pagel, senior consultant, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_k1OENInZQcaThLXlhhtJVA
• Tuesday, April 2, 1 p.m. - USDOT at Your Doorstep: How to Respond When Regulators Knock with Bob Richard, president, Hazmat Safety Consulting - https://fsw.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MwSLK_jZSV24ONjUF1kImA
For more information, contact FSW Corporate Training and Community Education at 239-489-9105 or Corporate.Training@fsw.edu.