GLADES COUNTY — The following column is the Road Watch report for Glades County for the week beginning Sunday, May 2, provided by the Florida Department of Transportation.
As a reminder, travelers can visit www.FL511.com or dial “511” from their phone to learn about traffic conditions on major roadways across the state.
Motorists are reminded to wear safety belts and drive with caution, courtesy, common sense, and patience as they travel through work zones. Remember, speeding fines are doubled in work zones.
• SR 78 from US 27 to the Herbert Hoover Bridge: Construction project: Crews will be making improvements to SR 78 from US 27 to the Herbert Hoover Bridge. Improvements include milling and resurfacing SR 78, shoulder treatments, drainage improvements, installing guard rail, repairing bridge joints, installing traffic monitoring devices and signing and pavement marking. During construction, daytime lane closures will occur on SR 78, weather permitting.
○ Motorists may experience intermittent lane closures on SR 78 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday while crews perform guardrail and drainage work.
○ Please allow extra travel time and watch for construction crews in the work zone. Estimated completion is late 2021. The contractor is C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc.
• SR 78 Lakeport from US 27 to Buckhead Ridge: Maintenance project: Crews will be landscaping near the roadway from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, weather permitting. Motorists should use caution as crews work near and on the roadway.
• SR 78 Ortona at Cypress Branch Creek: Maintenance project: Crews will be repairing ditch bottoms near the roadway from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, weather permitting. Motorists should use caution as crews work near and on the roadway.