MOORE HAVEN -- A new Glades County elementary school is in the state budget, signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis on June 15. According to the Fiscal Year 2023/2024 General Appropriations Act, state funds budgeted for Glades County include:
• Glades County Youth Livestock Facility, Agricultural Promotion and Education: $797,800;
• City of Moore Haven, City Hall Resilient Hardening Improvements Study, Community Services: Glades $200,000;
• School Readiness Services Early Learning Services: $426,860;
• Voluntary Prekindergarten Program Early Learning Services: $218,983;
• Special Facilities Construction Account, Moore Haven Elementary Educational Fixed Capital Outlay: $17,824,681 ;
• Glades County Sheriff Administration Services Facility, Local Law Enforcement, Fixed Capital Outlay: $375,000;
• Moore Haven Correctional Facility RBAP*/Private Prisons - Payment in Lieu of Ad Valorem Taxation: $339,242;
• Resurfacing Transportation Work Program: $6,841,163;
• Lykes Turkey Branch Water Storage and Treatment, Water Project: $1,250,000;
• Public Schools Workforce Education Program Funds Workforce Education - Workforce Development: $89,379;
Florida Education Finance Program funding and money distributed to counties by state agencies are not included in this list.
The county by county list of appropriations is online at www.myfloridahouse.gov.