Our next Rise Up with The Chamber will be hosted by Healthy Start Coalition on Tuesday, Nov. 9, at The Brown Cow Sweetery, 103 S.W. Park St. Start time will be at an early 7:45 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. Just 45 minutes to learn about four different organizations that are an important part of our community. Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to hear some of the needs and opportunities that they will be sharing. If you can’t be present, then catch us at #chambercandidcamera on Facebook. Light breakfast-type refreshments will be available. Hope to see you there.
Small Business Saturday is a national holiday hosted in Okeechobee by the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County to promote shopping local for the holiday season. Any business is welcome to join and there is never a cost. Simply reserve your spot on the official passport for your storefront or homebased business and let us know where shoppers can find you. Reserve your spot at www.okeechobeebusiness.com.
• You can pick up your official passport on the week of Thanksgiving or at the Welcome Station on Saturday, Nov. 27 at the Downtown Venue.
• Get your passport signed when you shop with a business on Shop Small Saturday.
• Share Shop Small ads and post your shopping adventure for everyone to see using #ShopSmallOkeechobee.
Storefronts and home based businesses: We ask a couple things from you.
• That you reserve your spot on the “Passport” by Nov. 13 at 4 p.m.
• You have a raffle, free gift or deals and steals for shoppers.
• You advertise all participating businesses, but most importantly yours!
Registration is now open for merchants who want to participate in Small Business Saturday festivities in Okeechobee. Any and all businesses are welcome and encouraged to sign up for this NO Cost event, Registration deadline is Nov. 13 at 4 p.m. To register, visit https://www.okeechobeebusiness.com.