• Love YouTube? We do too! Join Mariah Arana for a Grow with Google Workshop all about using YouTube to grow your business. Learn how to use YouTube and the power of video to promote your business or brand. In this workshop we’ll cover: How to create a YouTube channel, adding videos and organize your channel, and how to promote your business with video ads. Register now to attend this free in person webinar at the Chamber of Commerce, 55 S Parrott Ave., on Thursday, April 27, beginning at 2 p.m.
• How important is safety in the workplace for you and your team? I’m sure it’s most important as we all want to work in a safe environment and as a business owner, we don’t want to pay fines because of an oversite.
We are having a Lunch & Learn on Friday, April 28 from noon to 1:30 p.m., here in the Chamber Conference room. From noon to 12:30 p.m. there will be time for networking and enjoying your lunch (bring your own) and then we will begin at 12:30 p.m. with the presentation of 13 Strategies to Improve Workplace Safety. We’ll supply homemade desserts, bottled water and coffee.
The Florida Chamber Safety Council has provided a great resource video with excellent information on how to help grow your team’s knowledge and understanding of how important a safe supply chain is for your company’s ability to meet your client’s needs.
You will be provided with information on:
○ Recordkeeping, one of the cornerstones of your safety program and a driver of OSHA’s new enforcement efforts.
○ OSHA’s focus on routine items and use of its “egregious” policy is generating six- and seven-figure penalties
○ Recognize and respond to how contractors, customers, and vendors can expose you to OSHA violations or harm your employees, including employees working away from your site.
We ask that you please register for this class, so that we can prepare the seating and desserts (which is important of course!). I’ll be sending out the actual invite today.
• Our next Rise Up with the Chamber, hosted by Labor Finders, will be held in the Chamber Conference room on Friday, May 12 from 7:45 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Just a quick 45 minutes hearing from Labor Finders and two others as they speak about their businesses sharing what they’re all about. We are always surprised at what we learn. Light refreshments will be available and Mariah will be posting this on Facebook Live. Don’t miss out on a little networking while you’re here.