LABELLE -- On Friday, Oct. 8, 2021, the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant at 669 Evans Rd., LaBelle, FL as a part of a lengthy investigation into a local drug trafficking organization that affected multiple counties in South Florida.
Over the last several months, the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit has been investigating Michael L. Faz and several other co-conspirators involved in this drug trafficking organization. The investigation revealed that the drug trafficking organization had been responsible for trafficking pound quantities of methamphetamine, and ounce quantities of heroin into Hendry County.
Beginning in January 2021, the HCSO Narcotics Unit began identifying members of the drug trafficking organization, and were successful in purchasing large quantities of narcotics from various members of the organization. The HCSO Narcotics Unit was able to successfully identify, disrupt, and dismantle this organization. Further arrests and information regarding this investigation are anticipated at the completion of this investigation.
Additionally, the HCSO Narcotics Unit also investigated several other unrelated street level narcotics dealers/violators during the last several months. The HCSO Narcotics Unit held a warrant round up operation following the search warrant execution at 669 Evans Rd., LaBelle, FL; in which several of these subjects were taken into custody for narcotics related crimes.
Those arrested included:
• Cleoson S. Casseus, 35, was arrested on three counts sale of methamphetamine, three counts of sale of heroin, four counts public order crime /use of a two-way device to facilitate a felony, one count of trafficking of cocaine over 28 grams. Casseus is currently being held in the Hendry County Jail on $330,000 bond.
• Nashard L. Simons, 40, was charged with one count sale of cocaine, one count public order crime /use of a two-way device to facilitate a felony, resisting officer without violence. Simons is currently being held on $167,500 Bond.
• Jay C. D. Alexander, 43, was charged with two counts sale of methamphetamine, one count of production of narcotics and two out of county warrants for probation violation. Alexander is currently being held at the Hendry County Jail with no bond.
• Sara C. English, 37, was charged with two counts sale of schedule 1 or 2 controlled substance (Fentanyl and oxycodone), two counts public order crime /use of a two-way device to facilitate a felony. English is currently being held at the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office with no bond.
• Sandra J. Thaxton, 31, was charged with one count sale of methamphetamine. Thaxton is being held with no bond on two Glades County warrants for failure to appear-grand theft, and trafficking in stolen property.
• William T. Smiley, 43, was charged with one count sale of methamphetamine. Smiley is currently being held on $35,000 bond
• Malinda J. Sanchez, 44, was charged with one count possession of a controlled substance without prescription, and one count of possession of drug equipment/paraphernalia. Sanchez was released on Oct. 9, 2021 on $9,000 bond.
Hendry County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit is also looking for 34-yea-old Cody Allen Hoffman and 43-year-old Michael Lee Faz on drug charges.
Hoffman currently has an active warrant for sale of methamphetamine within 1,000’ of a specified area.
Faz also has active warrants for several charges for delivery or sale of methamphetamine and sale of heroin.
If you know the whereabouts of Hoffman or Faz please contact the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office at 863-674-5600.