OKEECHOBEE - The following felony cases have either been tried in a court of law or have been settled without trial and are considered closed.
• Marvin Arnold, 40, was sentenced to two years drug offender probation after entering a plea of no contest to charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving on a suspended license. Arnold was arrested in January of 2020.
• Jorge Cruz-Hernandez,19, was sentenced to 17 months in state prison after pleading no contest to the charge of battery by detainee. Cruz-Hernandez was arrested in February 2020 after intentionally striking another inmate.
• Kentron Fowler, 28, was sentenced to 64 days in the county jail after pleading no contest to a charge of felony battery. Fowler was arrested in August of 2019 after beating up a woman because he did not approve of her social media posts.
• Jesse James King, 56, was sentenced to 957 days in state prison after entering a no contest plea to charges of resisting an officer with violence, possession of marijuana less than 20 grams, escape and trespass after warning. King was arrested in May of 2018 after he violated a trespass order at RaceTrac. As he was being arrested, he jerked his arm away and told the arresting officer he had a knife. He broke away from her and after ordering him to stop, she tased him. King will receive credit for the 957 days he has already served.
• Jesse Carran, 36, was sentenced to five years in state prison after pleading no contest to charges of possession of heroin with intent to sell and possession of Fentanyl with intent to sell. Carran was arrested in December of 2019 after a traffic stop led to the discovery of the drugs.