WEST PALM BEACH — With the upcoming Fourth of July weekend, families are heading to the beaches and relaxing by pools. It’s a great time to remind everyone about the importance of keeping your children safe around water.
That’s why Palm Beach County mascots have banded together for a series of short, fun videos with helpful tips for children and adults about water safety. The videos feature:
• Buddy the Seahorse from the Drowning Prevention Coalition of Palm Beach County
• Mia the Manatee from Manatee Lagoon
• Freddy the Alligator from South Florida Water Management District
• Oakly the Squirrel from Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation
• Pip the Sea Turtle from Loggerhead Marinelife Center
• Laguna the Spotted Eagle Ray from Palm Beach County Environmental Resources Management
The videos are part of a local water safety campaign on social media produced by Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, which co-funds the Drowning Prevention Coalition with Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue.
Check out all of the videos on the YouTube page of Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County at https://www.youtube.com/cscpbc
And here are direct links to a few videos:
• Floaties versus life jacket: https://youtu.be/F0fNUZCNHJo
• Always swim with a buddy: https://youtu.be/ZanNUhtq5IM
• Reach, throw, don’t go: https://youtu.be/PhCrctxn6ZM
• Know your beach flags: https://youtu.be/K2m3HEdNCHY
If you want to arrange an on-camera interview involving the water safety campaign, please contact Jon Burstein at Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County at 561-703-2192 or email@example.com.