TAMPA — As nearly 2.8 million Floridians prepare to take a Thanksgiving road trip, Florida gas prices have fallen to new 2023 lows. Sunday’s average price of $3.04 per gallon is 15 cents less than a week ago and the lowest daily average price since late December 2022. It’s also 37 cents less than what drivers paid last Thanksgiving ($3.41).
Visit GasPrices.AAA.com to view daily gas price averages.
“More than half of Florida gas stations now have gasoline priced below $3 a gallon,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. “While there could be some fluctuations in the coming weeks, AAA expects gas prices to remain low through the holidays, unless oil prices suddenly spike.”
The plummeting price of oil has been a big contributor to the recent plunge at the pump. Crude oil fell from $93 a barrel in late September to $72/b last week. During that same time, the state average dropped from $3.69 per gallon to $3.04/g.
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.28), Naples ($3.19), Tallahassee ($3.17)
• Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($2.88), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($2.90), Panama City ($2.98)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
AAA Resources for Drivers
• Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
• Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
• Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
• Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA’s Gas Cost Calculator.
AAA Gas Price Averages
Click here to view current gasoline price averages