CLEWISTON — The Clewiston Elks sponsored the local Soccer Shoot at their five acre property on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
• Belen Moncada, from Eastside Elementary School (EES), was the U-8 girls champion. Her score of 34 was the highest for all girls. Analissa Sanchez, from Central Elementary School (CES), placed second with 25 points. Sophia Velasquez, from CES, and Arianne Jones, from EES, tied for third place with 23 points.
• Joe Carillo Vasquez, from Westside Elementary School (WES), placed first in U-8 boys.
• Brady McCarthy and Trent Stone, from CES, tied for the U-10 boys championship. Inclement weather prevented a tiebreaker. Lucas Vallejo, from CES, placed second and Messi Garcia, from EES, was third.
• Blanca Caal, from Clewiston MIddle School (CMS), was the U-12 girls champion with 28 points. Blair Stone from CES, placed second, and Anita Arrequin placed third.
• Brayden Casique won the U-12 boys division with the high score of 46. David Hernandez, from EES, placed second, Jayden Villatoro, from New Harvest Academy, placed third. Michael Bussott, from CMS, placed fourth, and Jose Garcia, a CMS student fifth, Charlie Barnes, from WES, placed sixth.
Also competing were Dominic Moncada (EES), Mason Vallejo (CMS), Zy’ire Cooksey (CMS), and Chance Brown (CES).
• David Gonzalez was the U-14 boys champion.
• William Bussott, from Clewiston High School (CHS), placed first in U-16 boys. He scored 38 points. Roly Gonzalez, Jr. placed second.
All medal winners are invited to compete in the Elks Southeast District Soccer Shoot in Clewiston on Saturday, Oct. 29. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m.