OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers held their April tournament on Saturday, April 30. There were 38 bass weighed in with a total weight of 79.77 pounds. The largest bass caught in the 9-13 age group was 7.64 pounds, caught by Baylee Stephens and 5.7 pounds in the 14-19 age group, caught by Tanner Seabolt.
This month’s standings for April were as follows:
9 to 13 Age Group
• First place - Baylee Stephens with 17.79 lbs. and a Big Fish of 7.64 lbs.;
• Second place - Katie Fender with 8.20 lbs.;
• Third place - Keegan Siefker with 7.09 lbs.
14 to 19 Age Group
• First place - Tanner Seabolt with 15.62 lbs. and a Big Fish of 5.70 lbs.;
• Second place - Jayson Wells with 4.71 lbs.;
• Third place - Taylor McQuade with 2.64 lbs.
Every month e boat captains volunteer their Saturday morning to our youth anglers. The teen anglers extend thanks to Terry Seabolt, Billy Ellerbee, Jim Newell, Marc Williams, Jamie Stephens, Raul Martinez, Patrick Cote, Jerry Brown, Justin Whidden, Bill Hawkins, and Matt Davis.
Big O Teen Anglers also thank our local supporters who turned out for our April Car Wash held at Garrard’s Bait & Tackle and hope to see you all at the next one!
If you have a youth angler between the ages of 9 to 19 who loves fishing or is interested in learning a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561-436-8491 or firstname.lastname@example.org.