MOORE HAVEN — Moore Haven Middle High School’s graduation ceremony for 2020, which was delayed until administrators could poll Class of 2020 seniors, is now set to take place at 7 p.m. Friday night on Terrier Field, weather permitting.
In case of storms, it will be at 9 a.m. the next day instead, June 27, on the field.
The Moore Haven Middle-High School baccalaureate ceremony will happen at 7 tonight, Wednesday, June 24. The rainout date is Sunday, June 28, at 9 a.m.
Both events will be livestreamed, but there is a strict set of rules in place for live attendance because of the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Setup similar for both events
There is a semiformal dress code for both the baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies (see the school’s website or Facebook page for details). Seniors should bring their cap and gown, tassel, medallions, all cords and stoles, and they may decorate caps but with nothing inappropriate (caps will be checked).
For those who plan to attend the baccalaureate ceremony, these are the restrictions due to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) coronavirus precautions:
• Graduates and their two allowed guests, who will be sitting on the football field, MUST arrive in the same vehicle no later than 6:15 p.m. (if rained out, arrival time is 8:15 a.m. Sunday). Enter the north gate in the parking lot. When you get out, everyone must be wearing a mask. Graduate will enter Spirit Hall — temperature will be checked before entering. The guests will enter through the gate used for football games — temperatures will be checked — then go directly to the football field, find their graduate’s name and have a seat. Graduate and the guests will sit on the field together. Everyone must stay 6 feet apart and wear a mask at all times.
• No one is to congregate around the school.
• No one will be sitting in the stands.
• No vehicle drive-through.
• The link to watch the ceremony live online is:
Friday night graduation
For those who plan to attend the graduation ceremony Friday or Saturday, these are the restrictions due to coronavirus precautions:
For the commencement event, all of the above restrictions will be followed and, in addition:
• It will be livestreamed. Graduation will be broadcast on 91.5 FM as well as an audio broadcast online CALLFM. The link to watch the ceremony live online is: