The following individuals were arrested on felony or driving under the influence (DUI) charges by the Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office (OCSO), the Okeechobee City Police Department (OPD), the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the Department of Corrections (DOC) or the Okeechobee Narcotics Task Force (ONTF).
• Lebron Collins, 17, Northeast 168th Street, was arrested March 5 by OCSO and charged with aiding an escape, two counts battery on detention staff, corruption by threat and robbery/sudden snatching. Bond was set at $15,000.
• Christopher Stone, 38, Arcadia, was arrested March 5 by ONTF and charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond was set at $26,000.
• Dylan Joiner, 16, U.S. 441 Southeast, was arrested March 6 by OCSO and charged with sexual battery of a victim under the age of 12. He was transferred to the custody of the DJJ.
• Zachary Ryan Smith, 17, was arrested March 9 by OCSO and charged with six counts unarmed burglary of an occupied conveyance and one count grand theft auto. His bond was set at $35,000.
• Jeffrey Carter, 54, Fort Pierce, was arrested March 9 by OCSO and charged with molestation/victim under age 12 and molestation/victim under age 16. Bond was set at $85,000.
• Destiny Shreves, 26, Clearwater, was arrested March 10 by OCSO and charged with possession with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a place of worship. Bond was set at $50,000.
• Michael MCGuire, 28, Clearwater, was arrested March 10 by OCSO and charged with possession with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a place of worship. Bond was set at $50,000.
This column lists arrests and not convictions, unless otherwise stated. Anyone listed here who is later found innocent or has had the charges against them dropped is welcome to inform this newspaper. The information will be confirmed and printed.