• Main Street and the Arts & Culture Alliance have a new location and new opportunities for artists and art lovers! Come see us at 111 N.E. Second St. (the yellow cottage behind CVS Pharmacy). Due to COVID-19, office hours are limited, so please call 863-357-6246 for hours and/or to schedule an appointment.
• OKMS thanks everyone who supported them at the Festival of Trees. The Festival of Trees was held in OKMS’s new home on Nov. 21. This well-attended event featured a silent auction of donated Christmas trees and holiday decor. A portion of the proceeds was donated to Hospice of Okeechobee Inc. To view photos and a list of those who showed their support go to: www.okeechobeemainstreet.org/p/27/festival-of-trees#.
• Save the date! The Christmas parade and festival will be on Saturday, Dec. 12, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The festival will have arts and crafts, gifts, food and more. The Christmas parade will begin at 6 p.m. The parade will feature the Grinch and Santa Claus. COVID-19 safety measures will be practiced.
• Okeechobee Main Street Arts & Culture Alliance Artist Series exhibit is going on now through Jan. 8, 2021. Due to the COVID-19 virus and for everyone’s safety, we will not hold an artist’s reception but we hope you will stop by and see the exhibit at the Okeechobee County Historical Courthouse.
• The 15th Annual Top of the Lake Art Fest will be held Saturday and Sunday, Feb 6 and 7.
• The Arts & Culture Alliance Committee announces that the Third Annual Photography Juried Show has been rescheduled. New deadline for submission is Jan. 8, 2021. The art showing will be in March 2021. Please don’t stop taking photos of our community! Call to photographers for the “Picture: Okeechobee County” photography competition. The theme for this competition is “People of Okeechobee.” An entry release form is required to enter. Pick up the rules and application at the Okeechobee Main Street Office or visit www.OkeechobeeMainStreet.org.
• Clay sculpting is progressing on the Cattle Drive Sculpture Project. Donations, large and small, will make this happen. We are half way there help us over the top. To make a donation, visit www.okeechobeemainstreet.org.
• Butterfly Garden Brick sales continue. Due to COVID-19 the deadline was moved to Dec. 31.
You can visit the Okeechobee Main Street website at: www.okeechobeemainstreet.org