OKEECHOBEE -- If you are over the age of 60 and want to be vaccinated for COVID-19, sign up online at https://myvaccine.fl.gov/. Click on "get in line" and fill out the form and you will be called to set up an appointment.
You may also call 1-866-201-1060 to add your name to the lsit.
Even if you are under age 60, you can fill out the form online and ask to be notified when you qualify.
The Florida waitlist system is already scheduling those over the age of 60 for the next vaccination event in Okeechobee, Tuesday at the Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center.
Proof of Florida residency is required.
Proof of residency
To prove residency an adult resident must provide a copy of his or her valid Florida driver's license or a copy of a valid Florida identification card issued by the state.
Those who do not have a Florida driver's license or ID card may provide a copy of two of the following to show proof of residential address:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the season resident’s parent, step-parent or legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.