Big O Open
OKEECHOBEE — The “Big O Open” held its December 2020 Tournament, in Memory of Les Tory, Saturday Dec. 5. Twenty teams participated in a nice day of friendly competition with the team of Dave Berglund and Daryl Riley placing first with 21.47 pounds. and Big Fish weighing 7.98 pounds.
• Second place went to Bob DuPree and Daniel Hinkelman with 17.90 pounds;
• Third place went to Leroy Bauer and Joe Wozar with 16.52 pounds;
Cash prizes were awarded for first, second, third, fourth and first Big Fish. Fifth, sixth and second Big Fish received gift cards generously donated by three local tackle shops, Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters, Garrards Bait & Tackle, and Fast Break. Thank you!
Future tournaments will be held the first Saturday of each month to begin at “Safe Light” with weigh-in at 1 p.m. at Okeetantie. The cost to participate is $50 per team with 90% payout and the remaining 10% is donated to the Big O Teen Anglers.
Flyers with additional information and rules can be picked up at our three local tackle shops.