OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Open hosted its October 2020 Tournament in memory of Les Tory on Saturday, Oct. 3. Sixteen teams participated in a nice day of friendly competition with the team of Bobby DuPree and Daniel Hinkelman finishing first with 16.95 lbs.
Second place went to Jim Newell and Justin Hevey with 16.62 lbs. and second Big Fish weighing in at 5.26 lbs. Taylor Renney and Joe Stowell came in third place with 15.97 lbs. and first Big Fish weighing 5.59 lbs. Placing fourth were Norris Newhouse and Darren Eaton with 14.05 lbs. Cody Davis came in fifth with 13.36 lbs.
Cash prizes were awarded for first, second, third and first Big Fish. Fourth, fifth and second Big Fish received gift cards generously donated by Okeechobee’s three local tackle shops, Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters, Garrards Bait & Tackle and Fast Break.
Future tournaments will be the first Saturday of each month to begin at “safe light” with weigh-in at 1 p.m. at Okee-Tantie. The cost to participate is $50 per team, with 90% payout, and the remaining 10% of this cost is donated to the local teen anglers club, the Big O Teen Anglers. Fliers with additional information and rules can be picked up at the three local tackle shops.